Pages

Sunday, 7 September 2014

Race against Time

I was feeling dizzy, as I was awake whole night to complete the presentation. I know only this contract can save our factory from being closed and help us to revive our business back. I uttered to myself “I can’t fail today, I can’t let down my father’s trust, I am the last hope of all the workers working in my company, I have to get this contract by any means”.

It was 11 AM and a meeting was scheduled with the government officials for closing the contract deal for 11:30 AM .I have half an hour to get myself ready for the presentation, I thought...I went to bathroom to get some splash of cold water. After a bit of touch up, I looked for the time on my watch. 

It’s already 11:20…. I have to rush now, I said to myself. I ran towards the door…but alas!!! my destiny has decided something  else….I was stuck in the bathroom, I had tried several times to open the door but it seemed it had got jammed.

I opened my handbag and pick the mobile to call someone for help, but again my bad luck, the battery has drained out and the mobile was switched off.  I cried out loud…”Is someone there, please open the door, I am stuck” .Today was Saturday and only few people , who were required for the presentation came to office , and at this point of time all will be there in the presentation room.

Courtesy - Google Images

I was about to collapse, when I heard a voice from outside. It was Priya, my employee. She has seen me going inside the bathroom and when I didn't reach in the meeting room till this time, she came here, to find me. She called the security man, who then opened the door.

Thankfully, 2 minutes are still there for the meeting to get start…I washed my face and rush towards the meeting room.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda. 

1 comment:

  1. very nice story
    Following your blog
    http://vanduchoudhary.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete