Tara’s mind was awake the whole night, and so was she. She was hurt deep inside. It was getting very difficult to handle Shekhar’s arrogance and Cyrus’ false allegations about her mental illness; and the situation seemed to get worse when Aryan visited them.
The bright sunshine gave her hope that the dark phase in her life will end soon, just like the darkness of night had ended.
9 AM : Mahindra Towers, Worli
Jennifer was busy with her work. While walking towards her cabin, Tara asked Jennifer to come in. Unaware of the reason Jennifer followed.
Tara knew that Jennifer had overheard the conversation between her and Shekhar, the other day. When Jennifer entered, Tara asked her to close the door. Her back was facing Jennifer.
Tara said "There is something I would like to share with you."
"I know you overheard our arguments that day."
Jennifer, "I am sorry, I did not have any intention of interfering in your personal matters, it is just that both of you were speaking a bit loudly.But don’t worry ,I haven’t spoken to anybody about this.”
Tara, "Thank you so much Jenny. I know I can trust you, and that’s why I wanted to confide something in you.”
Jennifer, "Yes, please tell me, what‘s bothering you?"
After a pause, Tara began...
Tara, "Shekhar spied on me and, for this he took help from Cyrus, his friend."
Jennifer could not believe and looked at Tara in shock, who turned and looked at her.
Tara, "That wasn’t all, Cyrus told him that I might be suffering from a mental illness, MBSP. It is a syndrome, where a mother could give her child some harmful medicines just to seek attention and sympathy.”
Jennifer was stunned. For a moment the women didn't speak, Jennifer looked at Tara who was trying to hold her tears back. She patted Tara's shoulder and said, "If I can be of any help to you, please do not hesitate to tell me, I will be more than happy to help you out". Tara felt relaxed. It was a much needed reassurance. It made her feel that there were people who cared for her.
Jennifer was also perplexed that Tara chose to confide in her, considering that she was a mere intern and that too since last few months only.
Typically, one always shares personal matters and emotions with a close friend or a relative, and Jennifer was neither a friend nor a relative. Would that mean Tara was trying to find a close friend in her or was there something else that she wanted from her.
Tara had observed the changes in Jennifer’s facial expression.
Tara said, "I know what you are thinking."
Jennifer replied, "I am shocked and confused."
Tara said "Can you help me unearth every detail about Cyrus?"
Jennifer looked at Tara in surprise.
"Tara! I am a photographer, not a detective!"
Tara replied, "You need not be a detective. Just dig up some information, do some basic research. Use social media like Facebook and LinkedIn to reach your target. Make friends and find out as much as you can".
Jennifer said, "Ok, but you could have appointed a detective to find out the details , then why me?"
"I know I can get this information very easily. There are chances that this exercise might hurt my company's and my personal reputation. If, somehow this information gets leaked that my husband doubts my mental condition, and that he tagged me with the help of his friend, to find out the information, my company might lose its market value. I am not in a position to lose any of my clients because of this stupid thing. Moreover, you and Cyrus are of the same age, so it would be easy for you to get into a friendship and no one will doubt you."
"But..."
Tara grabbed her shoulder and said, "I have something special for you in store. Once your internship gets over, I will absorb you into the company payrolls. I have many contacts in the film industry and I can help you out with your dream of becoming a Cinematographer."
Jennifer could not believe what just Tara had said. Jennifer knew it would be easy for her to get Cyrus into a friendship trap and, permanent job in Tara’s company was a dream come true. She couldn't believe her luck.
A handshake from both sides closed this unregistered deal. Jennifer left Tara’s cabin. After many days, Tara felt a bit stress-free.
Jennifer began her search operation. She navigated through Facebook profiles, found Cyrus’ profile, and sent him a friend request. From his profile, she navigated to his blog "CyrusDiary.in."
She began to read the blog posts, one by one. Each post included several memories; starting from Cyrus' childhood till today. Jennifer observed that Cyrus was a witty writer; whether he was describing a good day or bad, the way he wrote each post, made for amusing reading.
He seems to be a fun guy, she thought. Why he was doing all this to Tara then?
There were many sections in his blog. Jennifer went to the photographs section, till now she was unable to find anything conclusive. This section had more than 100 photographs, photograph from a naked baby taking shower to a young advocate wearing a black buttoned-up coat, chapkan and white bands with an advocate's gown, white shirt, white collar, and white bands with black stripped long trousers. It was a studio photograph of an upcoming finance lawyer, Cyrus.
It was more than 3 hours and still Jennifer was not able to find any persuasive information for Tara. Then, one particular picture caught Jennifer’s attention. The photograph seemed to be of Tara and Shekhar’s college days. They were partying with their friends. Tara was looking quite young. Jennifer was not able to connect Cyrus with the photograph, but then she read the photograph’s caption. It read “My brother, Kaizad's, Graduation Day Party with his friends.” Things fell into place. The photograph established a clear link between all of them.
Jennifer studied the photograph keenly. She realized there was one more familiar face and focused on the man standing between Tara and Shekhar. She recalled that she had seen the man in the photograph in the lift, that morning, when she and Tara had left for work from Tara’s house. But, strangely, Tara had not recognized the man. They had behaved like strangers and neither of them had spoken.
Jennifer decided to go and meet the man in the photograph. She was sure that he must be knowing something about Kaizad and Cyrus. Even then, she was curious to understand the reason behind Tara's cold shoulder to the man.
Jennifer was about to close her laptop screen when she saw an orange blip on her Facebook page. She clicked on it and a message opened. Cyrus had accepted her friend request.
She shut down her laptop, grabbed her purse and made her way out, determined to solve the mystery.
Team Story6D: Read the next part of the story here

No comments:
Post a Comment