Every house where
love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
Henry Van Dyke
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
Henry Van Dyke
The four sided wall structure with a roof top is called a House, and a house filled with love, happiness, laughter, selflessness, care and affection is what we called a HOME. Someone has truly said that it takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home. My home is my undisclosed partner, it has seen me crying when I lost my grandfather, laughing when I laugh with my little princess , getting conscious when I looked into the mirror while getting ready for a party, shying when my husband praise me.
It is that one place where no one put me under scanner and I
don’t have to follow the social norms, it is a place which gives me a feeling
of belongingness. Recently we got shifted to our own home, possessing a home gave
a special felling and we tend to form a special bond with it. I wanted to
decorate my home as per my taste so, I started searching for home decor items
on internet, watched home-DIY –tutorials on YouTube and read many articles that
give ideas about decorating home.
Since, it is the month of August that mark the beginning of
the festival season with the onset of
Ganesh Chaturthi , followed by Daslakshan Parv ( in our Jain community) then Navratre
,Diwali ,Bhai dooj and finally new Year ,I wanted to decorate my home in festival
theme , a theme which will give a glance
of our Indian festivals and culture .Also , since I believe in Vastu ,I want to
get only those items ,which will increase the positivity in my home and remove
the negativity.
After a lot of research, the website that catches my eye is
MakeMyHome.com. This website offers a wide range of home products with
affordable prices .From table lamps to bean bags,coffee tables ,wall papers,kitchen appliances like tandoor,kadhai ,frying pan ,bathroom accessories like
head showers, bedroom décor items like bedcovers, pillows and paintings of
idols like Ganesha,Laxmi for pooja room
everything that you desired for your home ,is there at one place.
I browsed the entire website and got mesmerized with the
design and variety of items that are available .It’s difficult to select any one
of the item, as all are different and unique in their design.
![]() |
| Samples of DIYA available in MakeMyHome.com |
Finally , because of my budget constraints I select only 3
items that are most important and necessary for decorating the home.
The first of them is Aapno Rajasthan Twin Swan Set Crafted.
The first of them is Aapno Rajasthan Twin Swan Set Crafted.
This styled Enameled Metal Swan set painted with the shades
of Blue, Green and Red ,is the most beautiful set I have ever seen. I just can’t take my eyes
away from them .They will surely going to increase the beauty and add a touch
of glamour with their bright colors in my drawing room.
Also as per Vastu , images of birds like parrots, peacocks and swans in home are good to be used . In western countries, love birds symbolize love, romance and devotion. Keeping a pair of birds in home enrich the love life of married couple.
Diwali decorations are incomplete without rangoli. Rangolis are not meant for mere beautification, it is said that it stopped evil object from entering in the house.Moreover, if applied at entrance of the house ,then it welcomes the wealth and prosperity in that house.
Every year I tried to draw a colorful rangoli at the doorstep , but alas I am very bad at drawing. So ,this time I thought of getting a readymade rangoli for my new home. Luckily, I found the Ghasitaram Shankh Rangoli
,this unique transparent rangoli made from pvc and adorned with beads ,will beautify the entrance and it will be like adding a feather to the crown, when the guest appreciate it.
Zeeshan be mine wall clock is the third item on my list of selected items.
This wall clock would adorn the wall of my bedroom. Although
, it is available in 6 different colors , I like the red one most. Red is the color
of love and passion .The theme of BE
Mine forever depicted in this clock, will remind us the promises that we
have made to each other and the memorable moments that we have spent in this 4
year of togetherness.
I have ordered the above items and my home will soon be decorated with these unique artifacts.
What about you ? Go and order soon.
Till then Keep Decorating
This post is a part of Makemyhome activity
at BlogAdda.com






Nice choices. Only wish we could select more items from the page.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck!
Thanks.
DeleteSuch a sweet post, Natasha :)
ReplyDeleteNice choices. Happy Dussehra & Diwali wishes in advance!
Best wishes for the contest!
interesting decor. home sweet home :)
ReplyDelete