Pages

Friday, 30 August 2013

1st Year Birthday Celebration

 
Vanshika ,my sweet little princess, turned 1 on 16th July 2013. I was waiting for this day from past 1 and a half  months.
I wanted to give her best of everything , a nice looking dress, a pair of matching shoes, some accessories for her hairs ,although her hairs are so small that for now nothing can be tied on them but, insipte of this fact I want for her everything which is required by a grown up girl.
So , I handed over the shopping list to my husband 3 weeks before the D-day so that we would get enough time to get the prettiest things of all.
 
In addition to that we have to look for party's arrangement.
Like , booking a hotel, decorations ,menu , guest list and of course the return gift.
Since, we do not have many guest from out of town, we do not required to book any hotel room or lodge.
 
So,we started with booking of party hall in a hotel. They already had a contract with an event management guy for decoration ,so we finalized the decoration design with him.
Then comes the most time consuming and interesting task , ofcourse for ladies ....shopping. :)
I looked several online kids website like firstcry,babyoye to find the best suited dress and finally I got one from MAX store in a Shopping Mall.
I got shoes and other accessories from Shoppers stop.
 
So,finally  all shopping competed in 2 consecutive weekends. Then came the time for cake booking. I looked several cake designing website and atlast decide to book  a Barbie theme cake. We went to Karachi bakery and booked the cake.
Birthday Barbie cake
 
 
We got the return gift from one of the online store.
Now, everything is done.
 
We decorate our home with balloons on the D-day. Early morning we woke her up and wished her Happy Birthday. 
In the evening we started from home at around 7pm and reached the venue within 15 minutes. Then the party started. Guest start to come and at around 8pm we cut the cake.
 
 
 
 After cake cutting ceremony, dinner got start. We all enjoyed the dinner.
 
Vanshika liked curd rice, and noodles. Be sure to include the less spicy or without spice dishes in your menu for the children's. By 10:30 pm our party is over and we returned back to our home.
 
Vanshika enjoyed a lot with her friends Saanvi, Drishti and Kashvee.
 
 
 
 
Note :
In case you have some guest from out of town ,then keep a check on the below mentioned points
 
1) Create a separate list of guest that are coimg from out of town .
2) Once you get the approximate head count ,asked them for the tentative date and time of their arrival.
3) Be sure to make arrangements for their pickup and drops.
4) If some guest are going to stay for a day or 2 ,then prepare the list of menu for BF, lunch and dinner in advance.
5) Be sure to get all the groceries required for the menu in advance, to avoid last minute rush.

1 comment: