Pages

Thursday, 5 September 2013

Lets look at the sky once again


Today, I was playing with my daughter in our balcony, when I suddenly pulled out my hands up and said “Look that is sky”. She looked and smiled.


While looking up I felt I am seeing the sky after a very long time. In the recent years I was so busy in my career and personal life, I hardly gets time to look at anything else. It’s been so long I have not seen the stars and moon, although if I wanted to look for them today, I could hardly see many, all thanks to the pollution that we create daily. L

 Some days before, my husband was telling me about an article in the newspaper on the extinction of sparrows and other bird spices. I was not bothered much at that time, but today when I looked at the empty sky ,and on continuously looking for about 10 min I could only see 2-3 birds , I felt like my daughter and all other children of her generation might not able to see sparrows and many other birds flying in the sky. They have to be taken to the AVIARY (the place where birds are kept), even for the sparrow.

I remembered those nights when I slept on the roof with my grandparents and we looked for “tut ta taara” (meteors) ,and wished for something ,so that it came true. On hearing the voice of lots of birds we wake up in the morning. I became very happy on seeing lots of pigeon’s group in different formations in the morning.

I don’t know why, but I was sad on looking at the sky today. Maybe, because I did not get enough time to observe the changes we did to nature and not being doing anything to save it.

How long is it “When you last seen the sky, stars, moon and the rainbow?” .Let’s take out some time from our busy schedule and look at the sky once again. J

Natasha


Disclosure:
Image source : Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment