Prayers
are essential part of our living. We are so obsessed with praying, sometimes we
even don’t realize that we are doing it. Those can be termed as silent prayers like,
“God, I want to sit in the first row in class, let the girl who sits there
would not come today”, or “I want to be in someone’s team, as that team has
strong players”. When I was a kid, we used to prepare a team by placing our
hands on top of each other and the one with the same side (either front palm or
back side of hand) forms a team. And I used to ask God that my friend used to
show the same side of her hand as mine. We didn’t realize but there are several
such moments in a day when knowingly or unknowingly we pray.
The
reason for our praying changes with time and age. When we used to be a child,
our prayers revolve around school teachers and homework. I used to pray “Oh
god, I don’t know the answer, please let the teacher not to ask me this
question”, or “Let the teacher forgot to ask about yesterday’s homework”. When
we grew up our priorities changed, like in my 10nth class, the complete year I prayed
for Distinction in my result. I guess, more or less we all have the same
prayers for the God.
And
my prayers was not limited to the classroom or examination, I want God to spin
the coin and bring the result in my favor, so that I would get the first chance
to play video game. And now, when I became a wife and a mother, my prayers
revolve around my husband and my daughter. As soon as I wake up, my first
prayer is “God, please make my daughter to finish her breakfast at least
today”. And these prayers continue for her lunch, snacks and dinner .
I don’t
remember from which day I started believing that God listens to my Prayers, but
my belief in God has multiplied manifold since I prayed during Lakshmi Pooja on
Diwali for a daughter and, Lakshmiji came to our home last year in the form of
my sweet little princess, Vanshika.
Diwali
is always been my most awaited and favorite festival, the reason is quite
obvious, I get to eat lots of sweets and variety of dishes. Another reason why
I love this festival is, this embarked the removal of darkness and there is
brightness and light everywhere. And yes, I get a chance to do a lot of
shopping, yipeeeee…………But this year I am super excited because ,my daughter has
also started praying, she is 16 months old .After taking her bath ,she walks into
the Pooja Room and bow the head with folding hands in front of the God. I
guess, she has got this same inclination as me while she was in womb.
I am
planning to get a Sampoorna Lakshmi Pooja Pack ,this year on Diwali. Sampoorna
Lakshmi Pooja Pack contains all the basic materials required for the pooja as
mentioned in the Skanda Purana. It comes with instructional booklet & CD, which
have the necessary shlokas and the complete procedure for performing Pooja.
I will
play CD from the morning ,so that during entire preparation and decoration ,we
just remember God, as my Mom used to say “Khana banate time achchi baatein and
vichaar man main hone chahiye,phir jo khana khate hai unke man par bhi uska
achcha prabhav padta hai” (means ,the thoughts your poured in while making dinner
,changes the way of thinking who eat it) .In the evening ,we will do the complete
Pooja by ourselves with the help of Lakshmi Pooja Pack. I will also do the arrangements
for a video shoot of the pooja, as I want to store the memories of Vanshika’s
selfless and innocent prayers .
Let’s
pray with a pure heart this Diwali.
Image source : Google images

No comments:
Post a Comment