Pages

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Be Safe With Smart Suraksha


Our society and lifestyle has changed a lot from the time my mother used to go to school to a time when I was in a school. There is a change in the way people used to think about girl’s education. Now, we are provided with the same opportunities and infrastructure as to be provided to the boys.

I was in college then, and  in the evening I used to go to computer classes. As most of the parents, my parents had bought me a Kinetic for my ease. I used to have a mobile phone with me , so that my mother could keep herself updated about my safety. But there are times when even before making a call, you ended up in a horrifying situation.

It was one such evening when I was returning home from my classes. One of my friend used to go with me to the classes. After dropping her, I took the way to my home, and suddenly after covering some distance my kinetic started to tumble. “It’s punctured,ohh my god” ,I said to myself. I tried to call my parents ,but landline was busy and my father’s cell phone was switched off. I started to push the vehicle by myself. “I was THANKING to the kinetic engineers, who make the vehicle light enough ,so a girl of 45kgs could push it very easily”. J . While I was trying to call on landline and push the vehicle ,I heard some voice. As soon as I look behind, I saw 2 boys on a bike following me. They slowed down their bike and started to pass comments. I was so afraid, that I started crying and shouting. That lane was a deserted one and only few vehicles used to pass by .Seeing me crying, one uncle and aunty who was going on a bike stopped nearby us and asked the boys to leave. The boys started scolding them , and asked them to mind their business. In the meantime I got a call from my father cell phone, but as soon as I was about to tell him my location ,I got a push from one of the boy and the very next second me along with my kinetic and mobile was lying on the road.

In the meantime some more vehicles stopped by and uncle on the bike told them the whole scenario. Seeing many people, the 2 of them took their bike and leave immediately.  

One Aunty came to me and make me stand, but I was still shivering. I don’t know what would  had happened to me ,if those people didn’t came to my rescue. I made a call to my father from uncle’s mobile and my parents came down .The whole night I couldn’t slept thinking of the incident and the consequences ,had that uncle wouldn’t stopped.

Lying on bed , I Wish I had SMART SURAKSHA with me so that I could inform my parents and my friend ,whose house is close by to the place the incident happened , so that her family members could come to my rescue.

The Smart Suraksha App is an Android Application that aims at making the women feel safe. This App, at the press of a single button, sends your message of help to five pre-chosen contacts from your contact list. An additional feature of this app is that along with your message for help, it also sends across your location even if the GPS on your cellphone is switched off. Thus, the women can be reassured that there is help available at all times.

I request all parents to Download the Smart Suraksha apps to your child’s mobile phone, for their own safety.
I am participating in the Seeking Smart Suraksha contest at BlogAdda.com in association with Smart Suraksha App.
Stay safe and happy J

 

1 comment:

  1. dear natasha .. its such a important info that we must have. it is actually very important to help our self with these apps, in such kind of scenario in which we are surviving.. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete