Author: Ashwin Sanghi & James Patterson
Publisher: Arrow Books
ISBN: 978-00-9958-639-5
Number of Pages: 448
Genre: Thriller
Rating: 5.0/5.0
I am a big fan of Byomkesh Bakshi , a detective TV serial that used to be aired on Doordarshan , when I was in my 4th standard.It lasted for a couple of years and I watched mostly all the episodes of it.Till the climax ,I tried to predict the culprit ,and that’s the reason one can never leave a suspense serial/movie or a book in between ,because until we get to know “Who and Why” behind the crime is, we cannot concentrate on any other work.
During my college days ,I started reading thriller books . That’s why when one such opportunity is given by blogadda.com , I readily nominate myself for the Review of Private India . Private India , an investigating organization ,given the task of finding the culprit of the serial murders in Mumbai. One after another ,and that too only woman , raises questions ,whether the murderer enjoy killing woman or there is some personal motive behind this ? Who could be behind all this?
Whenever the team of Private India ,comprising Santosh ,Nisha, Mubeen and Hari reached the murder site, they always found a yellow scarf and a strand of hair ,with some other small objects like flower in hand of corpse ,or eggs in oval shape around the corpse. With every turned page it looks like ,the Private India Team is about to reach the culprit ,but then there comes something new , in every unturned page.
The story is written in such a way that ,it will keep you
reading ,until you find out ,Who is behind the murderers. The book unfolds its
suspense in a very interesting manner.
My favourite character in the book is Santosh. He has a sharp mind and his observations lead him to crack the case atlast.
The writer has taken care of even the smallest technical details , whether it is regarding the equipment used in autopsy or a password cracker app ,that is used to hack the computer.
My favourite line from the book is “Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence”
I suggest this book for all the readers who are interested in reading Mystery .Looking forward to another such masterpiece from Ashwin Sanghi and James Patterson.
This review is a part of the biggest Book Review Program for Indian Bloggers. Participate now to get free books!

Nice review. I too like the quote.
ReplyDelete