Pages

Sunday, 10 August 2014

Back in Childhood Time


I was sitting in my balcony having a cup of tea, when I saw a group of small children coming out of a school bus. Some of them started jumping while some started running here and there.Their parents were asking them to hold hands but they seemed to be in no mood of going home. I was enjoying their activities, and wished to get my childhood days again. After a while, when they all started going towards their home, i  remembered that I have to take medicine and go to bed, otherwise my fever can come up again.

I took the medicine and fall asleep fast. Suddenly, a pat on my back broke my sleep. “Beta ,uth jaa,school jana hai” ,it was my mother standing beside me and asking me to get up.

What!!!  I asked her.

“Are school nahi jana kya?”. I got confused, and asked her again “which school ,whose school and what are you doing here ?” . She left the room while saying “wake up and wash your face, you are still in your dreams.”

I look around, it was my old paternal house. Several questions came up in my mind, “What am I doing here? Who bought me here? ” .Suddenly I realized my mother is looking pretty young and beautiful. I am having no idea what is happening to me. So, I thought to just stand up and wash my face. In the meantime ,my father came to me and waved Goodbye, he was leaving for the office. As I say bye ,I looked at my hands, they were so small ,my height ……….oh no what had happened to my height ,I can’t even reach to the tap to wash my face. I looked at myself in the dressing table mirror and …….I look like a 5 year old kid .
At the very moment I heard a voice “You want to become a kid, today is the day to enjoy your childhood again”.
So ,God has fulfill my wish and sent me back to my childhood days ,but forgot to erase my memory. Now, I look like a 5 year old ,having a brain and experience of a 30 year old. I thought lets enjoy the day to the fullest.

I ,went to kitchen and here is my conversation with my mother (translated in English)

I : Mamma, what are you making for the breakfast?

Mamma : What do you like to have beta?

I : Aalo parantha.

Mamma : You had that yesterday also.

I : Ok, then cheese grill sandwich.

Mamma : Cheese what ??

I : Nothing , what have you make? (thinking that first time I ate cheese grill when I was in college ,nobody in 20th century know much about grill sandwich then).

Mamma : Bread and butter.

I : Then why you asked my choice ?

Mamma : So, you don’t think that your choice doesn’t mean anything for us. To make you feel good.

Taking ,bread and butter ,I came out of the kitchen

Mamma : Eat fast ,and get ready for the school.

I : (in my thoughts) what would I do in school now?

I : I can’t  go to school , I got fever.

Mamma : Don’t make excuses ,you have to go .

After lot of pleading, my mother finally agreed. Thank God . I got a whole day for myself ,I will enjoy it completely and ,watched all my favorite serial episodes. Thinking all this ,I started searching for the TV remote. I asked my mother ,”Where is the remote?” . She looked at me shockingly and went to put on the TV button, all buttons are at the side of the TV screen. I realized ,it was a black & white Television with no remote and with only one channel ,Doordarshan.  

So, no serials .Ok ,I should go out and take a walk .As I am planning to step out, my mother called me again.

Mamma : Come inside and study .

I : I don’t want to study now.

Mamma : Come and sit here, I will teach you spellings today.

I sat down.

Mamma : Tell me the spelling of Apple?

I : What ?? You are asking me , an engineer , spelling of Apple.
A slap…………………………and all went silent inside my ear.

Mamma : Ok ,my engineer ,now tell me .

I : (in my thoughts) aur ban bachcha ,ab maza aaya.

I : A.P.P.L.E

Mamma : Good girl, now elephant.

I : Please maama, let me go, I know everything

She stared at me like anything. I put my finger on my lips and sat silently.
After a 1 hour long study session, my mother finally gave me permission to play. I took my dolls and went to bed to play with them. As I went to bed, I heard the doorbell . I asked mamma to open the door, but there was no response from her.

Again the doorbell rang, and I woke up.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely loove it. How we wish to get at least one day going back in time!

    http://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2014/08/10/wow-back-in-time/

    ReplyDelete